Enhance your skills!
Increase your job potential!
This course is designed to provide the training necessary to prepare individuals for certification as EKG Technicians. The need for qualified trained patient care technicians continues to increase as the aging population continues to grow. Care technicians and CNAs can enhance their training job opportunities by adding EKG certification to their skills set.
Course consists of fifty (50) hours of instructions in the following:
- Roles of the EKG technician
- Functions of the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service)
- Medical terminology related to electrocardiography
- Anatomy of the heart, conduction system, and circulation of the heart and blood vessels
- Electrical conduction system of the heart and the cardiac cycle (electric system)
- Preparing a patient for a 12-lead EKG
- EKG strip analysis (P,Q,R,S,T wave form interpretation) and basic EKG interpretation
- A review of normal sinus rhythm, sinus bradycardia, sinus tachycardia, etc.
- The 12-lead EKG placement and interpretation and troubleshooting
Tuition and Fees:
Registration $ 100.00
Tuition $ 450.00
Books and material are included. *Certification exam is not included. The cost for examination is $100.00