Graduates from CNEI’s Clinical Healthcare Technician program are not typical Medical Assistants. CHT’s are patient care providers that possess a triple impact educational foundation. CNEI’s Clinical Healthcare Technician students earn 3 critical distinguished certifications during their program which provide a well-balanced education to meet the demands of the healthcare field.
As a Clinical Healthcare Technician (CHT) at
CNEI, you earn 3 certifications!
Earn and Become a nationally Certified in
Home Health Aid
A Clinical Healthcare Technicians (CHT) is a medical assistant that perform hands-on clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of Clinical Healthcare Technicians vary from office to office, depending on the location and size of the practice and the practitioner’s specialty.
Clinical Healthcare Techs carry out critical tasks such as:
- Taking medical histories
- Explaining treatment procedures to patients
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting the physician during exams
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
Time to Complete:
Day – 32 Weeks totaling 800 Clock Hours
Evenings – 47 Weeks totaling 800 Clock Hours
Start Dates/Class times:
Request More Information
Our objective is to train and prepare students for entry-level jobs as a healthcare technician.
Clinical Healthcare Technician (CHT) students earn 3 certifications! For each level completed, a student will earn a certification and become nationally certified. Students will become nationally certified as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) and a Home Health Aid (HHA).
The CHT Program is 800 hours divided into 3 course levels of classroom and practical instruction. The 4th level consists of 160 hours of externship in a facility where students can apply learned concepts and complete clinical objectives.
The clinical hours are given in the assisted living facility/long term care facility or home health agency. The student must pass a clinical skills demonstration.
In order to graduate from the CHT program,
students must meet the below requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational diploma (e.g., a GED or foreign diploma)
- Complete all levels consisting of 640 hours of Theory and Clinical instruction
- Complete 160 clock hours of Externship
Students Must Complete:
- Lecture and Clinical training Level1-III (640 hours)
- Externship Level VI (160 Hours)
• Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Medical Records & Management Systems, Career Preparation
• Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Assisting Procedures, Acute & Ambulatory Care settings.
Career Outcome & More Information
Clinical Healthcare Technicians in California
The data below shows the job market for Clinical Healthcare Techs for the State of California.
CNEI cannot guarantee employment, salary levels, or career advancement. The data is not
specific to CNEI students or graduates.
1. Salary Range
25th-75th percentile from BLS
2. Job Outlook
Average Growth Rate from 2019 - 2029
- Salary ranges reflect the 25th and 75th percentile for the occupation in California, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The salary ranges are not specific to students or graduates of CNEI. Actual outcomes vary based on multiple factors, including prior work experience, geographic location, and other factors specific to the individual. CNEI does not guarantee employment, salary level, or career advancement.
- Job Outlook: https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/OccGuides/Summary.aspx?Soccode=311011&Geography=0601000000