This program is an add-on course after students complete the CNA program. Students in the CHHA program will learn the skills and knowledge to take care of the elderly and disabled in their homes.
The CHHA program is 40 hours in total and takes 1 week to complete. Upon completion, students will receive a Certified Home Health Aide Certificate approved by the California Department of Public Health, Licensing & Certification Division.
This is an Add-On Course. Students must have a valid CNA license in order to take this course.
Certified Home Health Aides, sometimes called caregivers or personal attendants, help and monitor the health of the elderly or disabled. Certified Home Health Aides usually work under the supervision of a nurse.
Certified Home Health Aides carry out critical tasks such as:
- Assist clients in their daily personal tasks, such as bathing or dressing.
- Help to organize a client’s schedule and plan appointments.
- Keep clients engaged in their social networks and communities.
Time to Complete:
1 Week 40 Hours
Start Dates/Class times:
Request More Information
Our objective is to train and prepare students with the skills, knowledge, and real-world experience to get an entry-level position as a CNA with a background in Certified Home Health Aide.
The Certified Home Health Aide course provides a Home Health Aide Certificate approved by the California Department of Public Health, Licensing and Certification Division and allows the home health aide worker to function at an entry level position on a health care team in a home health agency. The student will receive a Certificate of Completion upon satisfactory completion of the program.
The Certified Home Health Aide Course is a 40-hour/ 1-week add-on course to our CNA program. The clinical hours are given in the assisted living facility/long-term care facility or home health agency. The student must pass a clinical skills demonstration in order to complete the course and be granted a certificate.
In order to graduate from the CHHA program,
students must meet the below requirements:
- Must have a current CNA license
- Complete all levels
- Complete 20 hours of clinicals
Students Must Complete:
- Lecture Levels I (20 Hours)
- Clinicals (20 Hours)
Career Outcome & More Information
Certified Home Health Aides in California
The data below shows the job market for Certified Home Health Aides for the State of California.
CNEI cannot guarantee employment, salary levels, or career advancement.
The data is not specific to CNEI students or graduates.
1. Salary Range
$27,080 - 31,270
2020 median pay from BLS
2. Job Outlook
Average Growth Rate from 2019 - 2029
- Salary ranges reflect the 25th and 75th percentile for the occupation in California, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The salary ranges are not specific to students or graduates of CNEI. Actual outcomes vary based on multiple factors, including prior work experience, geographic location, and other factors specific to the individual. CNEI does not guarantee employment, salary level, or career advancement.
- Job Outlook: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home-health-aides-and-personal-care-aides.htm