What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a distinction granted to CNEI showing that we have met or exceeded the stated criteria of educational quality as determined by the accrediting authority. The purposes of accreditation include:
- Provide for public accountability
- Assess, as well as enhance the educational quality of CNEI
- Assure consistency within the operations of our institute
- Support institutional improvement
Why is this important to you? Accreditation assures the prospective and current students that CNEI:
- Is a stable and permanent fixture in the medical educational community.
- Is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning with approved programs of study that meet recognized academic standards.
- Has sufficient facilities and equipment to meet the standards.
- Employs a professional staff.
- CNEI voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners, which include subject experts and specialists in occupational education and private school administration.
- CNEI is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education council.orgThe Council is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- In June 2012, CNEI received approval from the VA to train eligible veterans. va.gov
- CNEI is licensed to operate in the State of California by the Department of Consumer Affairs bppe.ca.gov
- CNEI is approved by the California Foundation for the Advancement of Addiction Professionals (CFAAP). www.cfaap.org.
- CNEI is approved by the State of California Department of Health Services Laboratory Field Services
- CNEI is approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- CNEI is approved by the State of California Department of Health Services, Licensing and Certification for Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide Certification
- CNEI is authorized by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs to provide Continuing Education Training
- CNEI is authorized by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs to provide CPR training