Licenses & Accreditation
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is a distinction granted to CNEI showing that we have met or exceeded the stated criteria of educational quality as determined by the accrediting authority. The purposes of accreditation include:
- Provide for public accountability
- Assess, as well as enhance the educational quality of CNEI
- Assure consistency within the operations of our institute
- Support institutional improvement
Why is this important to you? Accreditation assures the prospective and current students that CNEI:
- Is a stable and permanent fixture in the medical educational community.
- Is recognized as a qualified institution of higher learning with approved programs of study that meet recognized academic standards.
- Has sufficient facilities and equipment to meet the standards.
- Employs a professional staff.
CNEI voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners, which include subject experts and specialists in occupational education and private school administration.
CNEI is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education council.org. The Council is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- In June 2012, CNEI received approval from the VA to train eligible veterans. va.gov
- CNEI is licensed to operate in the State of California by the Department of Consumer Affairs bppe.ca.gov
- CNEI is approved by the California Foundation for the Advancement of Addiction Professionals (CFAAP). www.cfaap.org.
- CNEI is approved by the State of California Department of Health Services Laboratory Field Services
- CNEI is approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- CNEI is approved by the State of California Department of Health Services, Licensing and Certification for Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide Certification
- CNEI is authorized by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs to provide Continuing Education Training
- CNEI is authorized by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs to provide CPR training